Efalex Active 50+ combines omega-3 fish oil with key nutrients known for their beneficial role in maintaining healthy brain structure, function and performance. The formulation is made up of DHA-rich fish oil, phosphatidylserine (PS), folic acid, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin E as well as the herbal leaf extract from Gingko biloba which is also reported to maintain short term memory.
Specifically, DHA and PS, are normal components of our diet and are also critical parts of our brains since they are directly involved in transferring messages between nerve cells. Unfortunately, our dietary intake of DHA is currently less than half of the suggested minimum required for health and PS intake has also dropped to less than half of what it was 25 years ago. Vitamin B12 and folic acid work together to protect the brain from harmful effects of a substance called homocysteine which is produced in the body in association with the development of cardiovascular disease. Gingko biloba extract has been shown to prevent short term memory loss.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a unique nerve cell membrane component necessary for efficient nerve signal delivery.
- Vitamin B12 and folic acid helps maintain brain cell integrity and function.
- Ginkgo biloba helps maintain memory.
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) is an important Omega-3 nutrient needed by the body for the structure of nerves and cells and is needed for brain and eye health particularly. It is a key building block in nerve cell membranes which helps transmit messages between brain cells
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) are the only true EFAs are the head of the Omega-3 and Omega-6 series of fatty acids, namely Alpha-Linolenic Acid and Linoleic Acid. They must be sourced from the diet and can be broken down through complex chemical reactions in the body into LCPUFAs, which the body needs for speciﬁc metabolic processes. However, this chemical process is notoriously un-economic and is affected by diet, age, alcohol consumption, intake of saturated fats.
- Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (LCPUFA) is a general term referring to the good fats, which are predominantly from the Omega-3 and Omega-6 series and include GLA, AA, DHA and EPA. These can be obtained from the diet and are directly used in a number of vital bodily processes.
Gluten free, sugar free, wheat & yeast free, milk derivatives, artificial flavours, colours & preservatives free.
One to two capsules per day with food or drink.
Omega-3 fish oil concentrate, capsule shell (gelatin, glycerine), Gingko biloba, stabilizer (glyceryl monostearate), phosphatidylserine, Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol), folic acid, vitamin B12, colour (ferric oxide).